Mukana – Music by the River
Friday, July 29, 2022 from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
Free and open to all. Donations welcome.
About the Band:
Mukana (meaning “opportunity” in the Shona language of Zimbawe) is an eclectic gathering of world-class musicians hailing from Chile, Haiti, Zimbabwe, Brazil and USA. Fusing traditional songs and rhythms with jazz and sublime arrangements, Mukana creates music that compels you to your feet in a joyful celebration of our global community.
– Zimbabwean singer/songwriter/Multi-instrumentalist Tendai Muparutsa (Artist in Residence in African Music Performance at Williams College)
– Chilean singer/songwriter Natalia Bernal
– Haitian singer Nadine Niles (of the powerhouse Haitian roots band Lakou Mizik)
– Guitarist/musical director Jason Ennis
– Saxophonist/arranger Michael Zsoldos
– Drummer Conor Meehan
– Bassist Itaiguara Brandão
Genre: World Jazz Fusion
Pentangle Arts is pleased to present our annual Music by the River series of outdoor concerts in July and August. This popular concert series features renowned regional artists whose talents will be showcased in the newly renovated East End Park. Truly a magical setting, this outdoor amphitheater showcases a view of the Ottauquechee River. Thanks to the dedicated efforts of a cadre of volunteers, the East End Park features a beautiful riverfront setting and adjacent hiking trail that serves as an inspiration for repurposing land in a thoughtful, innovative way. The relaxed setting is perfect for music lovers of all ages to come together for a happy summer evening of music, food and friends.
Guests are encouraged to bring their own picnics to enjoy.
Featuring Ana’s Empanadas